‘Gateway to the Galtees’
Unfortunately, we have unable to source any photograph of the old Protestant Church
which was built by Robert Earl of Kingston in 1844 .
It was situated on the site of the present Community Centre.
All that remains of that building now are the piers which are located at the entrance
to the new Community Centre
The Rector's Residence was located further down the field where the hall extension
is now being built. (2013).
During dry periods in Summer, one can make out the markings of the old roadway leading
to it by discolouration of grass growth.